|October 15, 2013
Billings Clinic designated a Certified Application Counselor Organization
Health Insurance Marketplace Education and Enrollment Fairs scheduled
Billings, MT—Billings Clinic, a designated Certified Application Counselor Organization, is offering patients and community members the opportunity to learn about health insurance options during upcoming Health Insurance Marketplace Education and Enrollment Fairs. Billings Clinic has certified application counselors available to provide personalized information to patients and community members to best meet their financial needs and the health care needs of their families.
Health Insurance Marketplace Education and Enrollment Fairs will be held at the Mary Alice Fortin Health Conference Center at Billings Clinic hospital (by the cafeteria), 2800 10th Avenue North, on the following dates:
- Monday, October 28, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 5, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 21, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 3, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Billings Clinic certified application counselors will be on hand to help people find and compare plans as well as navigate through the enrollment process. Representatives from the companies offering plans through the Marketplace including Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana, Montana Health CO-OP, and PacificSource will also be available for one-on-one consultations.
People attending the fair who would like assistance in enrolling in a health insurance plan need to bring the following information:
- Photo ID (for family members 18 and older)
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (for example, from pay stubs or W-2 forms – Wage and Tax Statements)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool for every job-based plan you or someone in your household is eligible for (form also available at the Fairs)
As part of the Affordable Care Act, open enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace opened on October 1, 2013 and will run through March 31, 2014 for people who do not have affordable and adequate coverage offered by their employer and who do not qualify for Medicare. People seeking insurance coverage to start on January, 1, 2014 must be enrolled by December 15, 2013.
There is no charge for the Health Insurance Marketplace Education and Enrollment Fairs at Billings Clinic. For more information or to register please call 406-255-8440 or 1-800-252-1246 or register online at www.billingsclinic.com/marketplace.