2014-2015 Scholarship Application Postmark Deadline:
Billings Clinic Foundation is pleased to offer a variety of scholarship opportunities to students interested in pursuing a health care career. We congratulate you on your interest and wish you much success.
March 31, 2014
Each scholarship category has certain conditions that must be met in order to have the application considered by the Scholarship Committee.
1. Work Commitment Scholarships provided by Billings Clinic Human Resources
(1-2 years from degree completion)
- In consideration for receiving the Work Commitment Scholarship, the recipient agrees to 12 months of employment at Billings Clinic (depending on scholarship amount and if offered a position upon graduation) for each year of scholarship received. Two year renewable scholarship.
- Entering last two years of Bachelors, Masters or PhD program (i.e. BSN, Pharmacy, PT, OT)
- Entering either year of a 2 year program (i.e., Radiology, ADN, LPN)
- Residents of all states invited to apply.
- Awards will be based on the student's academic success, seriousness of dedication to career pursuits and personal interview. Top candidates may be interviewed by members of the Scholarship Committee.
- Up to $3,000 per year
- Awards are contingent upon acceptance into clinical/professional program.
2. Health Career Scholarships provided by Billings Clinic Foundation:
- Graduate from an accredited high school within our service area (See map)
- Must be a Montana or Wyoming resident
- Lower division college student (Have completed less than half of their college program)
- Enrolled in a course of study at one of the accredited technical schools, colleges or universities in Montana or Wyoming
- Enrolled in a course of study leading to an entry-level position in the appropriate field
- All applicants will be notified by mail no later than May 11, 2014
- Amounts vary from $500 to $3,000
All applicants must submit in one package:
- Three (3) completed application forms with your original signature.
- Most recent official high school transcript or G.E.D. and current college transcript, if applicable. Transcripts should include ACT or SAT scores and class rank, if available.
- Three (3) individual references on our recommendation form.
- Reference writers need to answer the question(s) outlined on the recommendation form.
- Reference writers must submit three (3) copies of their recommendation in a sealed envelope, with their signature across the seal (i.e., there should be a total of 3 separate reference envelopes, each containing 3 copies of the recommendations using the recommendation form. All envelopes should be sealed and signed by the reference writers).
- At least one (1) of the three (3) references must be from an instructor.
- Recommendations from relatives are not acceptable.
Applications must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2014. We are unable to consider late or incomplete applications. Please return application forms, transcript(s), and recommendations in one single complete package to:
Billings Clinic Foundation
P. O. Box 31031
Billings, MT 59107
Scholarships are awarded to individuals who exhibit a strong desire and the potential to excel in the health care field.
Best wishes for a successful health care career!
Billings Clinic Foundation