Mayo Clinic and Billings Clinic have based their multispecialty physician group practices around the notion of collaboration and teamwork. Billings Clinic doctors can access specialists and subspecialists at Mayo Clinic when they need extra help on a tough diagnosis or treatment plan.
- What is Mayo Clinic Care Network?
The Mayo Clinic Care Network is a collaboration between Mayo Clinic and other health care organizations. Through this network, your health care team at Billings Clinic has easy access to Mayo Clinic's knowledge and expertise.
- What does this mean for me as a patient?
As part of Mayo Clinic Care Network, your health care providers at Billings Clinic can consult with specialists at Mayo Clinic through several unique electronic tools. These tools offer a connection to Mayo Clinic that allows your providers to get input on patient care when they believe it would be helpful.
- What kind of electronic tools does the network use?
Mayo Clinic Care Network members have two main electronic tools they can use to collaborate with Mayo Clinic:
- eConsults allow your health care provider to connect quickly with a Mayo Clinic specialist to get input on a specific question.
- AskMayoExpert is an information resource from Mayo Clinic that covers disease management, care guidelines, treatment recommendations and reference materials.
- Are my records safe when you use these tools?
Yes. Patient privacy is a priority, and we have safeguards in place to protect your health information. Anything shared with Mayo Clinic related to patient care is sent through a secure electronic connection and remains confidential.
- Does Mayo Clinic own members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network?
No. Members of Mayo Clinic Care Network are locally owned and controlled. The purpose of the network is to connect members with Mayo Clinic so that they can work together to provide the best possible care when and where patients need it.
- Will I see a Mayo Clinic doctor?
Mayo Clinic doctors don't schedule appointments with patients through the Mayo Clinic Care Network. The network's connection is between your health care providers and the specialists at Mayo Clinic. As they work together, you’ll benefit from access to the latest medical expertise close to home.
- What does it cost me if my doctor works with Mayo Clinic on my care?
There is no cost to you when your health care provider uses the Mayo Clinic Care Network resources.
- Can I request an eConsult with Mayo Clinic?
Your health care providers use eConsults to get input from Mayo Clinic specialists when they believe it would be helpful. If you have questions about your care, talk with your health care provider.
- Does this mean I’ll never need to go to Mayo Clinic?
You may still need to travel for specialty care that isn’t available in your area. But, by sharing medical expertise through the Mayo Clinic Care Network, the goal is that you will stay closer to home for your care whenever possible.
- About Mayo Clinic: Continuing a tradition of teamwork
The hallmark of Mayo Clinic is teamwork. It’s been that way since the first Mayo physicians began working together in the late 1800s. For nearly 150 years, Mayo’s approach to health care has been rooted in the idea that the best patient care is achieved when experts from a variety of medical specialties can work together, focused on the patient.
Now, through the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Mayo Clinic is extending that style of collaborative care to more people in more places.
The network allows Mayo Clinic to develop broader and stronger relationships with like-minded organizations. It gives health care providers at network sites new tools and resources in specialty areas where Mayo Clinic's knowledge and expertise may be helpful, so patients are assured of the finest care anywhere.