Radiology Services (Diagnostic Imaging)
DEXA Scan: Bone Health and Osteoporosis
- Osteoporosis is a potentially crippling disease that affects over 75 million people worldwide.
- Osteoporosis is one of the most preventable diseases today.
- Each year over one million people have a hip fracture which can devastate a person's ability to walk unassisted and in 50% of the cases, a person may never regain their independence
- Lifetime risk - 1 in 2 Caucasian women will develop osteoporosis
- DEXA is the most superior technology for measuring bone health.
- A bone density test measures the health of bones
- A physician referral is needed to take this test
- VFA (vertebral fracture assessment) is used to assess the spine for fractures and can be performed easily at the time of bone density examination.
To Make An Appointment
- In Billings, call 406-238-2501 or 1-800-332-7156.
- In Miles City, call 406-233-7000.