- Thoracic Surgery ProceduresBillings Clinic Cardiac, Thoracic & Vascular Surgery
- To Make an Appointment:
Your physician may schedule your appointment or you may call us at 406-238-2500
801 N. 29th St.
Billings, MT 59101
Billings Clinic thoracic surgeons provide surgical evaluation and treatment for pulmonary, chest cavity and chest wall conditions related to the following.
- Surgical treatment of cancer
- Collapsed lung repair
- Removal of diseased or infected lung tissue
- Treatment of pulmonary embolism (blood clot located in an artery of the lungs)
- Treatment of fluid buildup around the lungs
Advanced techniques such as Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS), robotic-assisted surgery and minimally-invasive are utilized when appropriate.
Some thoracic surgical procedures at Billings Clinic are performed utilizing the da Vinci surgical system. These include:
- Robotic Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery – removal of a lobe of the lung (Lobectomy)
- Removal of part of the lung (Wedge Resection)
- Lung biopsy
- Biopsy of membrane tissue around the lung (Pleural biopsy )
- Creating an opening in the membrane that surrounds the heart (Pericardial window )
- Removal of the thymus gland (Thymectomy)
- Chest cavity tumor removal (Mediastinal mass resection)