Geriatric Assessment Program and Clinic
|Geriatric Assessment Team
The goal of the program is to:
- Evaluate and assess the patient’s cognitive and emotional health and functional capabilities
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that will help the patient maintain the highest possible level of physical and mental function
- Collaborate with the patient’s primary care physician for complete and coordinated care
- Connect patients and families with support throughout the community to meet their complete treatment needs
- Provide helpful suggestions for handling many of the problems and concerns faced by the patient, their family members or caregivers.
Any of the following behaviors may indicate a need for a geriatric assessment evaluation:
- Trouble remembering recent events or significant past events
- Not recognizing familiar people or places or getting lost
- Being depressed, despondent or irritable
- Acting suspicious, aggressive or stubborn
- Hiding or misplacing things (money, jewelry, etc.)
- Embarrassing themselves or others
- Inactivity for long periods of time
- Lack of interest in previous activities or interests
- Eating excessively or not eating enough
- Losing bowel or bladder control
- Being unable to maintain personal care (shaving, toileting, bathing) or usual activities (using the phone, preparing meals, doing light housekeeping, driving)
To make an appointment for an initial intake with one of our Geriatric providers, please call 238-5437.
To Make An Appointment
Call for an initial intake with one of our Geriatric providers. Call 406-238-5437 or 1-800-332-7156, ext. 5437.