|April 5, 2013
Billings Clinic named in Becker's Hospital Review 100 Great Hospitals in America
CHICAGO— Becker's Hospital Review has published its annual list, "100 Great Hospitals in America." This year's list provides a glimpse into our country's diverse hospital landscape, from hospitals established within the past decade to those dating back to the 18th century. Be they academic medical centers, community hospitals, large flagship facilities or small specialty hospitals, these 100 organizations have demonstrated a commitment to the health of their communities, and they've done so through unceasing self-improvement and growth.
The hospitals included in this list have proven to be innovators for medical treatments, research, technology and care delivery. These hospitals are home to medical breakthroughs and act as anchors of health within their respective communities. Each of these hospitals has a distinct story to tell.
The Becker's Hospital Review editorial team analyzed data from reputable sources including U.S. News & World Report, Truven Health Analytics' 100 Top Hospitals, HealthGrades, Magnet Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the Studer Group and the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program to establish the 2013 list. Hospital nominations were also accepted and evaluated by the editorial team.
The 2013 edition of "100 Great Hospitals inAmerica" includes the following hospitals:
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital (Minneapolis).
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital (Downers Grove,Ill.).
- Aultman Hospital (Canton,Ohio).
- Aurora Bay Care Medical Center (Green Bay,Wis.).
- Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center (Sioux Falls,S.D.).
- Barnes-Jewish Hospita l(St. Louis).
- Baylor University Medical Center(Dallas).
- Baystate Medical Center (Springfield,Mass.).
- Beaumont Hospital (Troy,Mich.).
- Bethesda North Hospital (Cincinnati).
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston).
- Billings Clinic Hospital (Mont.)
- Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center (Mechanicsville,Va.).
- Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital (Charleston,S.C.).
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston).
- Bronson Methodist Hospital (Kalamazoo,Mich.).
- Carolinas Medical Center-Mercy (Charlotte,N.C.).
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles).
- Central Du Page Hospital (Winfield,Ill.).
- Chesterfield General Hospital (Cheraw,S.C.).
- The Christ Hospital (Cincinnati).
- Christiana Hospital (Newark,Del.).
- Cleveland Clinic.
- Duke University Hospital (Durham,N.C.).
- Emory University Hospital (Atlanta).
- Evanston (Ill.) Hospital.
- Florida Hospital (Orlando).
- Froedtert Hospital (Milwaukee).
- Gaston Memorial Hospital (Gastonia,N.C.).
- Geisinger Medical Center (Danville,Pa.).
- Grant Medical Center (Columbus,Ohio).
- Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center (La Crosse,Wis.).
- Hackensack (N.J.) University Medical Center.
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital (Richmond,Va.).
- Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit).
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian (Newport Beach,Calif.).
- Hospital for Special Surgery (New York City).
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia).
- Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital (Indianapolis).
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital (Fairfax,Va.).
- John Muir Medical Center (Walnut Creek,Calif.).
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore).
- Kendall Regional Medical Center (Miami).
- Lankenau Medical Center (Wynnewood,Pa.).
- LDS Hospital (Salt Lake City).
- Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston).
- Mayo Clinic (Rochester,Minn.).
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center (Baltimore).
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center (Houston).
- Mercy Medical Center (Cedar Rapids,Iowa).
- The Methodist Hospital (Houston).
- Middlesex Hospital (Middletown,Conn.).
- Mission Hospital (Asheville,N.C.).
- Mount Sinai Hospital (New York City).
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital (New York City).
- North Colorado Medical Center (Greeley).
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center (Gainesville).
- North Mississippi Medical Center (Tupelo).
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago).
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center (Charlotte,N.C.).
- NYU Langone Medical Center (New York City).
- Ochsner Medical Center (New Orleans).
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (Columbus).
- Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin (Glendale).
- Penn State Milton S. Hershey (Pa.)MedicalCenter.
- Pocono Medical Center (EastStroudsburg,Pa.).
- Poudre Valley Hospital (Fort Collins, Colo).
- Pro Medica Toledo (Ohio) Hospital.
- Providence Hospital(Southfield,Mich.).
- Providence SacredHeart Medical Center (Spokane,Wash.).
- Rex Hospital (Raleigh,N.C.).
- Robert Packer Hospital (Sayre,Pa.).
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (Los Angeles).
- Rush University Medical Center (Chicago).
- Saint Thomas Hospital (Nashville,Tenn.).
- Sarasota (Fla.) MemorialHospital.
- Schneck Medical Center (Seymour,Ind.).
- Scripps Green Hospital (La Jolla,Calif.).
- Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital (Grand Rapids,Mich.).
- St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital (Houston).
- St. Luke's Hospital (Cedar Rapids,Iowa).
- St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital.
- Stanford Hospital & Clinics (Palo Alto,Calif.).
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia).
- Tri-City Medical Center (Oceanside,Calif.).
- Trinity Rock Island(Ill.).
- UAB Hospital (Birmingham,Ala.).
- UC San Diego Medical Center.
- UCSF Medical Center (San Francisco).
- University Hospital (Salt Lake City).
- University Medical Center at Princetonat Plainsboro (N.J.).
- University of Chicago Medical Center.
- University of Colorado Hospital (Aurora).
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (Iowa City).
- University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore).
- University of Michigan Medical Center.
- University of Washington Medical Center (Seattle)..
- UPMC Presbyterian (Pittsburgh).
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville,Tenn.).
- Yale-New Haven (Conn.) Hospital.
The full list can be read here: 100 Great Hospitals in America
This list is not an endorsement of included hospitals or associated healthcare providers. Hospitals cannot pay to be included on this list. The following content should be used for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute professional medical advice. Hospitals are presented in alphabetical order.
About Becker’s Hospital Review
Becker's Hospital Review is a monthly publication offering up-to-date business and legal news and analysis relating to hospitals and health systems. Our content is geared toward high level hospital leaders, and we work to provide valuable content, including hospital and health system news, best practices and legal guidance specifically for these decision makers. Each issue of Becker's Hospital Review reaches more than 18,000 people, primarily acute-care hospital CEOs and CFOs.