Hospital Patient Transfers
Transferring patients to the Billings Clinic Hospital is intended to be easy and efficient.
- Call our dedicated physician communication line:
- If needed, please use this Pre-transfer Call Checklist to help prepare the necessary patient information for the transfer call.
- Inform the Call Center that you are calling to have a patient transferred to Billings Clinic.
- You will be connected with a resource nurse, who will help ensure you are connected with the correct physician or specialty with the first phone call. They will also begin to collect some demographic information about your patient.
- If it is determined that a transfer is necessary, the nurse will assist in arranging for the transport.
- If it is determined that a transfer is necessary, please use our Hospital Transfer Checklist to help ensure that all necessary information is sent with the patient so we can provide the right care to the patient as quickly as possible once the patient arrives. Simply click here, print the checklist and provide it to your transfer team to make sure all information is sent with patient.
This process allows you to make one call in which we can determine the best treatment for the patient and the appropriate mode of transfer.