|January 6, 2014
Billings Clinic ICU Open House slated for January 11
Public is invited to attend ribbon cutting ceremony and tours
BILLINGS, MT — Construction nears completion for Billings Clinic’s 24-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU), located on the second floor of the hospital directly above the Emergency and Trauma Center. The public is invited to attend an open house and ribbon cutting ceremony on Saturday, January 11 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., with the ribbon cutting taking place at 11:45 am.
The new ICU provides a significant increase in space from the former ICU, increasing the unit to 24 rooms and doubling the size of each room. The new ICU also greatly enhances the way Billings Clinic is able to support the needs of critically ill patients and their families.
The new Intensive Care Unit features include:
- 24 private patient rooms – twice the size of the current ICU rooms - with private bathrooms and a designated area for patients’ family to stay at the bedside.
- State-of-the-art technology, including patient beds that allow for full 360 degree access to the patient.
- Private family waiting areas specifically designed to meet the needs of friends and family members of critically ill patients.
- A satellite pharmacy which provides quick access to all needed drug therapies.
- Large exterior windows to maximize daylight exposure and provide views of the Rims and the Deaconess Healing Garden.
The new ICU incorporates evidence based design that promotes an enhanced patient-focused experience and fosters Billings Clinic’s specialized team approach. This, combined with state-of-the-art technology, assures the highest level of safety, capabilities and expertise.
In addition to the expanded ICU rooms and new waiting areas, a conference room for large family meetings, staff education classes and multi-disciplinary team meetings will also be available.
Design elements create a healing environment for patients and their families, with comfortable furnishings, soothing colors, peaceful artwork and noise-reducing measures and materials.