- RehabilitationBillings Clinic Cardiovascular Services
- To Make an Appointment:
1020 North 27th St
Billings, MT 59101
Billings Clinic’s Cardiovascular Rehabilitation program can help you recover from a heart attack, having heart surgery (bypass or valve), or undergoing placement of a stent or angioplasty once you have been released from the hospital. Participation can also help reduce your risk for future cardiac events by learning ways to keep your heart healthy and to manage cardiac risk factors.
What is Cardiovascular Rehabilitation?
Cardiovascular Rehabilitation is a medically supervised education and exercise program. The education program provides you with vital information on the management of cardiovascular health and risk factor reduction.
Tailored Specifically for You
The exercise program is tailored specifically for your individual needs and fitness level. Through supervised exercise, encouragement and support, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation can help you improve your over-all level of physical conditioning, regain your confidence and strength and provide you with the motivation and encouragement needed to make positive life-style choices.
Components of Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
- Physician referral and a medical assessment
- Risk factor education for healthy life-style choices
- Monitored exercise prescription with structure and supervision
- Family and patient support
Benefits of Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
- Improved strength and endurance
- Quicker return to work and recreational activities
- Assistance in making lifestyle changes
- Improved blood cholesterol levels
- Smoking cessation
- Blood pressure control
- Improved blood sugar levels for diabetic patients
- Improved stress tolerance
- Weight loss
- Reduced cardiac symptoms associated with exercise
- Supervised exercise in a non-threatening environment with health care professionals
- Support and motivation for a quicker recovery
Upon discharge from the hospital, a referral will be made to the cardiac rehab program nearest to your home.