- Metabolic Surgery Diabetes, Endocrinology, & Metabolism Center
- To Make an Appointment:
1045 N. 30th St
Billings, MT 59101
Have you spent years dieting? Do you find it impossible to keep the weight off after you have lost it?
Most patients have plenty of willpower to lose weight temporarily. We do not have complete control in this area though – our bodies have powerful mechanisms to limit the loss, even to regain more despite our best efforts.
Billings Clinic Metabolism Center does not have a cure, but we do have very effective, long-lasting treatments.
Improved appearance and quality of life are valid reasons many desire to lose weight. In addition, there are other reasons important to many including career success, easier day-to-day mobility and more energy, the ability to enjoy family activities, travel, and just being able to shop “off the rack.”
However, the following medical problems - some of which are potentially life-threatening - can result from obesity as well:
- Sleep apnea
- Reflux (GERD)
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Arthritis, back pain, mobility limits, leg edema
- Venous stasis disease (Lower leg swelling and skin ulcerations)
- Urinary stress incontinence
- Greater risk of breast, colon and prostate cancers
- Cancer mortality
- Pseudotumor cerebri (High fluid pressure surrounding the brain)
- Increased risk of foot, ankle, knee and hip problems
Although Billings Clinic Metabolism Center offers the following metabolic surgery approaches, the Metabolic Surgery team takes you through their comprehensive medical consultation and education to determine the best treatment options for you:
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric band (LAP BAND® or Realize®)
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Gastric plication
- Duodenal switch
We offer free information sessions once a month, and we invite you to join us with a support person. To schedule a physician consultation, call 238-2258 or 1-800-332-7156.