- Gynecologic Cancer Program / Team Billings Clinic Cancer Center
- To Make an Appointment:
801 North 29th St
Billings, MT 59101
Gynecologic oncology is the medical care of female reproductive cancers or pre-cancerous conditions.
- Exceptional Care
- Treating Gynecologic Cancer
- Our Treatment Team
- Clinical Trials
- Genetic Counseling Services
The gynecologic cancer team at Billings Clinic Cancer Center treats women with cancer of the cervix, endometrium, ovary, uterus, vagina and vulva. We recognize that each patient and each case is different, and we customize treatment to individual patients’ needs with input from the patient, her family and her referring physician.
Our gynecologic oncology team includes board-certified regional leaders in the research and application of new treatments and the development of new and effective drug therapies. Patients will benefit from Dr. Gibb and Dr. Stevens' many years of experience with difficult pelvic surgeries.
In addition to our gynecologic cancer physicians and physician assistants, our team includes:
- your OB/GYN or Family Medicine physician
- radiation oncologists
- a registered nurse and patient navigator
- surgical staff
- counselors including a genetic counselor, licensed counselor, and financial counselor
- a dietitian
These specialists meet weekly to discuss patient care, providing a combined expertise not always available at other cancer centers. Genetic counseling is available as well.
Treating Gynecologic Cancers
Patients may be referred to our team after being diagnosed with a gynecologic (female reproductive) cancer or pre-cancerous condition. Our patients may include:
- Women who have pelvic cancers such as cervical, endometrial, ovarian or vulvar cancer
- Women with abnormal Pap smears or cervical lesions requiring further examination
- Women with abnormal uterine bleeding
- Women with vulvar irritations or lesions
- Women with ovary, fallopian tube, or pelvic masses
- Women with gynecologic cancers that have recurred, or returned
- Women who were diagnosed with a gynecologic cancer at another facility or who have received treatment elsewhere and were referred to Billings Clinic Cancer Center for treatment.
Treatment of gynecologic cancers may include surgery, chemotherapy, high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy and participation in clinical trials. As gynecologic oncologists, Dr. Gibb and Dr. Stevens are sub-specialists of gynecology, surgical oncology and medical oncology. In this specialty, the oncologist performs the cancer surgery, delivers the systemic therapies (usually chemotherapy) and works with a radiation oncologist to deliver brachytherapy treatment.
Both gynecologic oncologists also offer minimally invasive robotic surgery using da Vinci Surgical System.
In addition, each patient is offered a full range of support services to meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Please see our Cancer Center Resources and Support Services for more information.
Our Treatment Team
Dr. Randall Gibb and Dr. Erin Stevens lead an exceptional team including a registered nurse/patient care navigator, physician assistants, an LPN and medical assistant, caring exclusively for patients with gynecologic cancers. They are intimately involved in educating patients, coordinating appointments, scheduling tests and acting as a liaison between patients and physicians.
Learn about Billings Clinic’s gynecologic oncology team members who treat women’s cancers:
- Randall Gibb, MD, Gynecologic Oncology
- Mary Caroline Deigert, PA, Gynecologic Oncology
- Doreen Kenfield, PA, Gynecologic Oncology
- Michelle Proper, MD, Radiation Oncology
- Christopher Goulet, MD, Radiation Oncology
- John Schallenkamp, MD, Radiation Oncology
- Deb Hofer, RN, Patient Care Navigator
We have access to dozens of clinical research studies designed to prevent, detect and treat gynecologic cancers. Billings Clinic Cancer Center is affiliated with the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG), a national clinical trials group. Patients also can take part in studies with the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group, a group dedicated to radiation therapy trials, and receive new cancer therapies offered through clinical studies initiated by Billings Clinic researchers and physicians.
To make an appointment, please call (406) 238-2501 or 1-800-332-7156.