Reger Family Center for Breast Health
The Reger Family Center for Breast Health offers complete breast diagnostic services in a private, comfortable environment. Billings Clinic radiologists utilize compute-aided detection (CAD) technology on mammograms.
With the opening of the new Center, our beautiful new center will feature tomosynthesis technology for mammography, which provides a 3-D dimensional view of the breast, making fine details more clearly visible.
The Center is staffed by a dedicated, caring team of breast care specialists, including certified female technologists and board-certified radiologists.
Your primary care physician will receive a full report of any screening or diagnostic procedures performed at the Breast Center to add to your own personal health care history.
Our New Center for Breast Health Features:
- A spa-like atmosphere
- Private changing rooms with doors
- Direct entry to the mammography suite
- Warm spa robes or capes
- Specialty coffee in the lobby
- Comfortable seating area in the lobby
- Mammography, breast ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy andbone densitometry (DEXA scan) suites are all located together so that you can receive comprehensive assessments in one location
- a diagnostic breast nurse navigator with clinical breast exam certification who performs thorough breast exams as well as education, when requested
- Tomosynthesis (3D imaging) technology proves the highest resolution mammograms to detect breast cancer early
- A private breast boutique with a certified fitter for bras and prosthetics for post-surgery needs.
Committed to Your Total Breast Health
The most effective way to detect early signs of breast cancer is through:
- Breast self-awareness
- Routine breast exams by your personal physician or healthcare professional
- Routine mammograms
Breast Self Exam Education
Breast self examination should be a regular monthly routine for every woman. When you come to the Breast Center, we will have available a Breast Self Exam card to learn and use in the privacy of your own home.
The American Cancer Society recommends that all women ages 40-49 receive a mammogram screening every one to two years. After age 50, it is recommended that all women receive a mammogram screening every year.
Early detection of breast cancer is key to higher survival rates, better prognosis and lower treatment costs. Mammography is currently the most effective screening for breast cancer.
Billings Clinic offers the "next generation" full field digital mammography. Along with producing incredibly sharp images, it decreases the need for repeat images, thereby reducing anxiety and exposure to additional radiation.
Billings Clinic utilizes Computer Aided Detection (CAD), or a second pair of eyes, to enhance the accuracy of the mammograpm reading. In addition, tomosynthesis technology for mammography provides a 3-D view of the breast, making fine details more clearly visible.
MammoPads - A Softer Mammogram
Billings Clinic provides every woman with a MammoPad - a soft foam cushion. It can help with the discomfort many women feel during a mammogram.
The cushion is placed on the surface of the image detector, providing women with a softer, more comfortable mammogram. MammoPad creates a warmer, softer surface between the woman and the mammography machine, helping her to relax while enabling the technologist to get the best possible image.
Stereotactic and Ultrasound-Guided Core
When a breast abnormality is present, a stereotactic breast or ultrasound-guided core biopsy by the radiologist can be performed, or an immediate referral to a Billings Clinic surgeon for a surgical biopsy will be made.
This process usually involves obtaining small samples of tissue that are microscopically examined by a pathologist to determine if the abnormality is one of several more common forms of benign breast disorders, or is cancerous.
Breast Care Nurse Navigator
A certified clinical breast exam RN is available to do clinical breast exams for patients with a new problem or patients without a primary care physician. The Nurse Navigator can provide answers to questions and provide information regarding the following warning signs:
- A lump
- Thickening of the breast
- Swelling in the breast or surrounding area
- Pain in or around the breast
- Nipple discharge
- Retraction (where the nipple or skin is being pulled in)
Our Accredited Mammography Radiologists