Billings Clinic's Volunteer Department is comprised of over 500 individuals from ages 14 to 95 who volunteer their time and expertise in more than 40 different departments and support areas. Our volunteers donate their skills for clerical support, patient care, administrative assistance, customer service, technical support and emotional care and assistance for our patients and their families.
Billings Clinic Volunteer Department plays a vital role in our mission. As medical technology advances, we are known and respected throughout the region as being "high tech" yet our fundamental goals is to always be "high touch." That's why our volunteers come from a wide variety of professions, from dentists, retirees, stockbrokers, teenagers, and homemakers to accountants and food brokers. Each gives his or her unique strengths, talents, gifts and lifetime experiences to the many challenging volunteer positions at Billings Clinic.
How to Become a Volunteer (click here)
Becoming a Billings Clinic volunteer begins with a simple one-on-one visit. We want to get to know you as a person - what kinds of jobs you enjoy doing and what kind of unique skills and talents you have to offer. We're sensitive to your needs and your motivation, including how many hours you have to offer, as well as why you feel volunteering is important.
We're committed to finding the right position for you and an opportunity to do what you like. It is only through this type of partnership that you can find meaningful work that is of value to you, as well as to our organization.
For new volunteers, you'll begin with a day of orientation and tour of our medical facility to become better informed about Billings Clinic. Then we'll match your volunteer work area preferences and schedule to one of our departments or programs and you'll be on your way to a new and exciting volunteer career filled with fun, service and great memories!
Student Volunteer Program (Ages 14-18)
Thank you for your interest in joining the Volunteer team at Billings Clinic. Student volunteers will find numerous opportunities to gain a meaningful and rewarding experience while maintaining our commitment to service to our patients and guests.
Volunteer commitment is typically working at least one regularly scheduled shift (average 3-4 hours) per week (unless otherwise arranged for). Our 2016 student volunteer program runs from June 6-August 19.
New Student Volunteers
- Must be 14 years old by June 1, 2016 (sorry, NO exceptions).
- Complete and submit the Student Application to Volunteer Services by May 2, 2016
- Obtain and submit a personal recommendation from a school counselor, teacher or adult non-family member who has worked with you in a supervisory capacity
- Submit written consent from Parent or Guardian
- Provide MMR immunization records and proof of varicella vaccination (chicken pox)
- Attend orientation scheduled for New Students on Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM. Returning students on Thursday, May 17, 2016 @ 5:00 PM, or a make-up session for anyone on Saturday, May 14th at 9:00 AM. Parents are encouraged to come.
- Attend the training session specific to assignment (if required, depending on position assigned to you)
- Begin volunteering the week of June 6th. The program ends August 19th.
- Purchase uniform. Uniforms for all students include a blue monogrammed polo shirt ($17), worn with khaki pants/capris. Absolutely no jeans, shorts, or skirts.
New Student Volunteer Application
Returning Student Volunteer Application
If you have any questions, please contact Robyn at 657-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some of the volunteer opportunities available to you!
- Aspen Meadows
Help staff to provide a caring and nurturing environment for residents.
- Cancer Center (Infusion Center)
Assist nurses and staff with patients and guests. Organizing and stocking of supply inventory.
Provide wheelchair transportation to patients/guests, greet patients/guests, and provide informational and directional assistance to help ensure patient/guests/family satisfaction.
- Floor Services
Help make our patients more comfortable. Deliver fresh water, juice and coffee to patients. Re-stock patient rooms with various items used frequently by nursing staff.
- Information Desks
Offer information, support and assistance to all visiting our hospital. Services will include way-finding, determining patients’ rooms and/or assisting with resources.
- Mail and Flowers
Deliver newspapers to waiting rooms and information desks. Deliver mail and flowers to patient rooms.
- Office Assistance
Helping various departments with special requests (addressing letters, stuffing envelops, filing).
- Pet Therapy
Volunteers’ pets who have passed obedience and temperament testing can offer entertaining and playful diversion for patients.
- Simply Splendid Gift Shop
Volunteers help run the gift shop by waiting on customers, cashiering, helping stock and display merchandise, and proving quality customer service.