The staff in the department of Diabetes, Endocrinology, & Metabolism provide quality, patient-centered care with a major focus on diabetes management.
The goal of the professionals in the Diabetes Management Center is simply to offer the individual with diabetes the absolute best care available. A patient with diabetes who has been referred to the Center receives access to the following:
- comprehensive education
- assistance with appropriate behavior modification strategies
- individualized treatment plans
- coordinated follow up with your primary care physician
- referral to additional specialists if indicated
- access to the latest medical research
The Diabetes Management Center Team
Effective treatment plans for diabetes require a comprehensive team of professionals working and communicating effectively for the benefit of the individual. Members of the diabetes team include:
- Specialized physicians (Endocrinologists or Diabetologists)
- The patient's primary care physician
- The patient
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Specially trained and certified diabetes educators (registered nurses and registered dietitians)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN's) and Certified Medical Assistants
- Diabetes Life Coach/Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Diabetes-trained support staff
Ophthalmologists and podiatrists play a vital role in diabetes patient care. Referrals can be made to those specialties as needed.
Endocrinologists James Mack, MD, and Christopher Sorli, MD, have received recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance/American Diabetes Association Diabetes Physician Recognition Program. This program is valid for three years - March 2010 to March 2013, for providing quality care to patients with diabetes.
To Make An Appointment
Your primary care physician will determine if you need to see a diabetes specialist. If you do not have a primary care physician but would like help in selecting one that is right for you, call our nurses at HealthLine at 406-255-8400 or 1-800-252-1246.
Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism Center
1045 N. 30th St.
Billings, MT 59101