- LifeFitJohn R. Burg MD Cardiac Center
- To Make an Appointment:
801 N. 29th St.
Billings, MT 59101
Billings Clinic LifeFit emphasizes exercise to promote physical conditioning and education to support and encourage healthier lifestyle changes.
Designed specifically for men and women who:
- have multiple risk factors for cardiovascular disease:
- Heart Disease
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- have chronic disease such as:
- Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Diabetes, Obesity, Hypertension, Peripheral Arterial Disease, Depression
- are recovering from a long-term illness or surgery
- are generally deconditioned and out-of-shape
- are uncertain of where to begin or what to do
What You Can Expect from LifeFit
LifeFit is a 4-week program that includes a fee. You will receive:
- A comprehensive orientation on your first visit which consists of:
- Review of your medical history and medications
- Brief physical assessment
- Individualized exercise plan
- Introduction to the use of the equipment
- A minimum of three telemetry monitored sessions (heart rate and rhythm)
Daily assessments that include rest/exercise:
- Blood Pressure
- Heart Rates
- Oxygen Saturations
- Blood Glucose (diabetes patients)
Ongoing exercise evaluation.
Your exercise program will be individually tailored and advanced based upon your progress.
You will be strongly encouraged to participate in a series of educational classes designed for health promotion and the reduction of cardiovascular risk factor topics including:
- Cardiac Diet (taught by registered dietitians)
- Stress Reduction
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Health
- Weight Loss and Activity
- Tobacco Cessation
The Focus of LifeFit
By initiating a regular exercise program that promotes fitness and conditioning, not only do risk factors for cardiovascular disease and diabetes decrease, but one can live longer and age successfully.
The goal of our educational classes is to provide the tools and information needed to make healthier lifestyle choices.
We encourage and empower our clients to make the necessary changes needed to maintain a healthier tomorrow.