Billing, Insurance & Financial Assistance Options
When you are injured or ill, the last thing you want to think about is how to pay your bill. Our Patient Financial Representatives are available to make the payment process as easy as possible for you.
Patient Financial Services Representatives
406-238-2250 or 1-800-332-7156, ext. 2250
Hours: 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday
Will Billings Clinic bill my insurance for me?
- If you are insured and have provided us with your current insurance information, we have already billed your insurance company.
- Find out if Billings Clinic participates with your current insurance plan.
- We allow 30 days from billing for your insurance company to make payment. If your account is not paid in that time, we will ask you for assistance to obtain payments from your insurance company.
- You are responsible for charges not covered by your insurance. Your insurance can provide you with more information regarding your benefits.
- To conserve paper and resources, itemized hospital bills are not automatically mailed to all patients. You may request an itemized copy of your hospital bill by calling 406-238-2500 or 1-800-332-7156 ext. 2250.
What types of payment arrangements are available?
Our payment options include:
- Payment in full - You can pay your bill by cash, check, credit card, debit card, online or by providing your checking account information over the phone ("check by phone").
- Financial arrangements if you do not have insurance or have a balance due after insurance payment.
- Interest-free payment arrangements for up to 12 months.
- Extended payment plans with interest if you need more than 12 months to pay your bill.
- We are here to help. If you have questions, please call our office at (406) 238-2250 or 1-800-332-7156, ext. 2250.
Will you hold my account if the charges are the result of an injury?
We can not delay charges while liability claims or legal action is pending. Full payment remains the responsibility of the patient. Upon proper authorization, Billings Clinic will make the records available to necessary parties.
What if I do not have insurance?
Billings Clinic will help you enroll for public assistance programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, Health Insurance Marketplace
, Montana HELP Plan, Disability, Veterans Administration, Crime Victims or Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). You may also qualify for financial assistance.
What if I can not pay my bill? Do I qualify for financial assistance?
- You may be eligible for financial assistance.
- If you can't afford your medical bills, we can give you a simple form to apply for our financial assistance program.
- We can help you with the application and your personal information will be kept confidential.
- Our financial assistance program has clear guidelines to determine who qualifies for free or reduced charge services.
- The amount of financial assistance is different for each person or family, depending on your financial circumstances.
- We can help you enroll for public assistance programs, such as Medicaid, Medicare, Veterans Administration, Disability, Crime Victims and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Billing, Insurance, Financial Assistance Resources
Location of the Patient Financial Assistance Offices at Billings Clinic Downtown
Enter Billings Clinic at the 801 North 29th Street (Commons) Entrance. Patient Financial Services staff are located on the main level. Please ask a patient assistant at the information desk to assist you.
Billings Clinic Hospital
Enter through the North or South Atrium entrance. An information desk volunteer will assist you.