Urologists at Billings Clinic specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of both male and female urinary tract conditions as well as diagnosis and treatment of male reproductive problems.
Urologists primarily focus on these organs having to do with the urinary tract system: the kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, and urethra. Organs that are involved in the male reproductive system include testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Both urologists and general surgeons operate on the adrenal glands.
Urology is closely related to and in some cases overlaps with these medical specialties: oncology, nephrology, gynecology, pediatric surgery, gastroenterology, and endocrinology.
Billings Clinic's board-certified urologists have special interests in and work closely with urologic cancer patients and children with urology concerns.
Treatment for urologic disorders may include:
- non-invasive treatment
- minimally invasive surgery
- general urologic surgery
Benefits of choosing Billings Clinic Urology Services
- Our multi-specialty clinic enables physicians to work as a team and to consult each other when needed.
- Billings Clinic urologists are leaders in early detection of bladder and prostate cancer using sophisticated screening methods
- Billings Clinic urologists perform reconstructive surgery, such as the creation of a replacement bladder in patients with bladder cancer, reconstruction of the urethra, and repair and reconstruction of the genitals.
- In addition to seeing patients at the Billings Clinic in downtown Billings, the urologists travel to eastern Montana and northern Wyoming. This allows patients to get treatment close to their home. Outreach clinics are held in Red Lodge, Columbus, Miles City, Glasgow, and Big Timber, Montana as well as Lovell, Powell, and Cody, Wyoming.
- The addition of minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System enables the Urology Services team to treat patients with the latest technology.
Urologic Conditions of Men and Women; Procedures and Surgery
- Bladder cancer
- Bladder stones
- Continent urinary diversion
- Cystitis - infection of the bladder
- Kidney stones
- Laser treatment of urological conditions that include stones
- Laser treatment of genital lesions
- Lithotripsy surgery for diseases of the urinary tract surgery for prostate, bladder, and kidney stones without open surgery
- Surgery for disease of the urinary tract for prostate
- Surgery for disease of the bladder and kidney
- TURB - transurethral resection of the bladder for cancer
- Ureteroscopy - looking inside the bladder and kidney for diagnosing or treatment of ureter and kidney conditions
Urologic Conditions of Men; Procedures and Surgery
Urologic Conditions in Women