- Sports Specific TrainingBillings Clinic Orthopedics
& Sports Medicine
- Contact Us
(800) 332-7156, ext. 5497
Billings Sports Plex
5000 Southgate Dr
Billings, MT 59101
Billings Clinic Orthopedics & Sports Medicine offers sports-specific training (SST), an athletic enhancement program to improve athletic performance.
Sports-Specific Training camps and school programs are designed to teach athletes how to maximize their potential and prevent injuries at the same time. These customized camps are offered at several schools throughout the year for athletes ranging from 7th grade to college.
SST is scientifically designed to identify and improve weaknesses and elevate athletic performance by:
- Increasing speed and agility
- Gaining strength and power
- Improving flexibility and balance
- Developing mental toughness
- Preventing injuries in all sports
SST uses state-of-the-art video processing software, Dartfish, the world’s most advanced video training and analysis tool. Benefits include:
- Documentation of testing and exercise standards
- Timing and measuring device that enhances pre- and post-testing standards
- Tracking speed automatically
- Showing progression development throughout an athlete’s career
- Creating individual training manuals with real-time coaching files
- Documenting anatomical analysis and body screening
- Easy integration into coaching routine
- Analysis and breakdown that can be shared via internet, VHS, CD/DVD, email, or print
Our trainers also use the following to identify athletic ability and help athletes improve their abilities to meet their goals.
The Advantages of SST:
- Individual attention
- Pre-assessment and evaluation
- Instruction and supervision for functional weight training
- Plyometrics, speed, agility
- Quickness training with sports medicine staff
- Post-assessment and evaluation
School Programs/CampsOur qualified staff can design a customized athletic enhancement program that fits your facility's own equipment and special needs. SST camps are customized and offered at the respective schools throughout the summer for athletes ranging from 7th grade to college.
|"SST's conditioning program was outstanding, our athletes were in great shape, our injuries were almost nonexistent, and our kids loved working with the trainer. We will certainly be involved in this program next season."
Head Volleyball Coach
Skyview High School
|"Since we've incorporated SST into our football training, those who participated were able to perform at a much higher level than those who did not. This increase in performance carries over to all other sports."
Head Football Coach
Skyview High School