West Park Hospital and Billings Clinic partner on new Catheterization Lab
Cody, Wyo. (Aug. 21, 2017) – West Park Hospital and Billings Clinic are partnering to expand cardiology services offered at the new Cody Cardiology Center (CCC) which will include a new Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (Cath Lab).
The Cody Cardiology Center will be located at West Park Hospital and the Cath Lab will include the newest x-ray technology systems, allowing physicians to merge different imaging modalities to guide procedures including new high-end, real-time 3D imaging. Patients will be seen by their providers in the Cody Cardiology Center outpatient clinic setting.
The Cath Lab will provide the ability to perform diagnostic cardiac catheterizations to diagnosis and treat heart disease. Diagnostic procedures performed will include stress tests, cardiac catheterizations, pacemaker placements and defibrillator placements.
“WPH is excited to partner with Billings Clinic to open a cath lab and expand cardiology services in Cody and throughout the Big Horn Basin Region. Billings Clinic brings nationally recognized cardiology services and resources that will soon be available in Cody through this joint venture with West Park Hospital,” states Doug McMillan, CEO of West Park Hospital.
The Cody Cardiology Center will employ two interventional cardiologists who will be employed by Billings Clinic as members of the Billings Clinic Department of Cardiology, the most comprehensive heart and vascular program in the region with an expansive team of general cardiologists, electrophysiologists, interventional cardiologists, and cardia, vascular and thoracic surgeons. Billings Clinic will also employ the administrative leadership for the center. All Cody Cardiology Center staff will be West Park Hospital employees.
“Billings Clinic has started the process of recruitment for the new cardiologists who will be in Cody. Working together, the new physicians and the staff will provide cardiology services to the Big Horn Basin Region that will further integrate the care for the patients that come to Cody for their health care needs,” said Randall Gibb, MD, CEO of Billings Clinic. “West Park Hospital and Billings Clinic are dedicated to supporting the services available in our rural communities and we are grateful for the opportunity to partner on this important project.”
Both West Park Hospital and Billings Clinic are nationally recognized for exceptional clinical quality, patient safety and service. By partnering together both organizations will be able to bring a cardiology team of physicians, nurses and staff who perform at a higher standard, with complete and coordinated care, which has been validated by the following honors:
• Billings Clinic was named one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics TM, an IBM company.
• West Park Hospital was recognized as a Most Wired Hospital in the State of Wyoming, a nationally recognized Women’s Choice Hospital, a top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare and a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital.
• Billings Clinic is accredited as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Billings Clinic has demonstrated expertise in quickly assessing, diagnosing and treating patients experiencing chest discomfort or pain, and is our region’s first and only accredited Chest Pain Center.
• Billings Clinic received the Platinum Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology's National Cardiovascular Data Registry for a higher standard of care for heart attack patients.
• Billings Clinic partnered with Yale University and nine other like-minded hospitals on an ongoing research project called Leadership Saves Lives. This project aims to improve care for heart attack patients across the country.
• Mission: Lifeline is a coordinated, proactive system of care that turns first responders, hospitals and other healthcare providers into a team that uses proven guidelines and best practices to treat patients suffering from acute coronary syndrome, including both STEMI and non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome (NSTE-ACS) heart attacks.
For assistance with this story please contact Ashley Trudo (307) 578-2512.
About West Park Hospital
West Park Hospital (WPH) is a national leading critical care 25-bed acute-care state-of-the-art facility. WPH employs and partners with over 60 physicians and offers over 20 different services, with an adjacent Long Term Care Center licensed for 94 beds, a 16-bed chemical dependency center, 8-bed hospice house, regional cancer center, satellite physicians clinic and urgent care center. West Park Hospital abides by the Planetree philosophy as a model of health care. The Planetree model strives to enhance patient comfort by personalizing, humanizing and demystifying the health care experience. www.westparkhospital.org
About Billings Clinic
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system, serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, Billings Clinic is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. At its core, Billings Clinic is a physician-led, integrated multispecialty group practice with a 304-bed hospital and Level II trauma center. Billings Clinic has more than 4,200 employees, including 450 physicians and advanced practitioners offering more than 50 specialties. Billings Clinic is the first Magnet-designated health care organization in Montana and a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. More information can be found at www.billingsclinic.com.