Billings Clinic Classic to feature spotlight parties, benefit assistance funds
Tickets on sale Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
Billings, MT— Billings Clinic Foundation is pleased to announce that the 2020 Billings Clinic Classic will take place on Saturday, Aug. 29, with proceeds benefitting patient, family and employee assistance funds that provide resources during times of crisis.
Support for these vital funds allows social workers and care managers at Billings Clinic to provide immediate financial relief to help families and individuals during difficult times as they work on long-term solutions. Funds benefitting from this year’s Classic include:
- Kelker’s Kids and Piggy Bank – These funds help families of children battling cancer and other serious blood disorders and pediatric patients facing life-altering illness or disease.
- Patient Family Lodging – Many patients at Billings Clinic must travel long distances for care, and some of those patients and their families may need to stay in Billings for an extended time. These funds help those patients and families with the cost of lodging.
- Patient Assistance – This can be used to provide any patient or family with immediate financial assistance on short notice. Patient Assistance funds help to provide essentials such as groceries, gas cards, utility payments or rent assistance.
- Employee Crisis – The Employee Crisis Fund helps Billings Clinic employees during hard times, allowing them to support themselves and their families.
“This year’s Classic celebrates the importance of health care in our community, while honoring our health care workers,” said Amberly Pahut, Billings Clinic Foundation Senior Director of Philanthropy. “We also want to recognize the entire community for the remarkable support provided throughout this season. At the same time, we’re taking the necessary precautions to ensure our guests have a safe evening to remember. Funds raised will give a hand up to families when they need it most through our assistance programs.”
The theme of this year’s event is Classic Spotlight, to shine a light on the vital role health care plays in our community. The health and wellbeing of attendees, the community and the region is the highest priority and as we have adapted our daily lives to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Classic has also adapted.
This year it will include measures to allow for appropriate physical distancing and keep guests safe, and will follow guidance from infection control experts and local and state health officials. To ensure the outstanding event guests have come to expect, the Classic will feature numerous Spotlight Celebrations located throughout our community that allow smaller groups to gather for a safe and memorable summer evening.
Ticket-holders will be notified of their celebration location about two weeks before the Classic.
Billings Clinic Classic party tickets cost $200 each for entry to one Spotlight Celebration and include hosted hors d’oeuvres, refreshments, and live entertainment. A limited number of tickets will be sold. Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
The Classic will also feature a raffle extravaganza, an online auction, and five golf tournaments capping off with the Spotlight Celebrations. Classic golf tournaments include:
- Riverside Golf Club in Bozeman on Monday, Aug. 17
- Women’s Golf Tournament at the Laurel Golf Club on Friday, Aug. 21
- Hilands Golf Club in Billings on Monday, Aug. 24;
- Powder Horn Golf Club in Sheridan, WY, on Thursday, Aug. 27
- Laurel Golf Club on Friday, Aug. 28
Public ticket sales begin Tuesday, June 9 at 8:30 a.m. and can be purchased by calling (406) 657-4670, visiting www.billingsclinic.com/foundation/classic or by visiting the Billings Clinic Foundation at 2917 10th Avenue North.