EMS scholarship entries are due by October 18, 2019.
For questions please contact Samantha Pratt at email@example.com
Billings Clinic and Billings Clinic Foundation are pleased to offer a variety of scholarship opportunities for students interested in pursuing a career in health care. Scholarships are awarded to individuals who exhibit a strong desire and potential to excel in the health care field.
Types of Scholarships Awarded
Billings Clinic and Billings Clinic Foundation offer two types of scholarships for students pursuing a career in health care. Please read through the eligibility requirements listed below to see which scholarship is appropriate for your situation.
Health Career Scholarships
Geoffrey T. Corbin EMS Scholarship
The Geoffrey T. Corbin scholarship honors the memory of Geoffrey T. Corbin who worked in the Emergency Department at Billings Clinic. The Geoffrey T. Corbin Scholarship recognizes the individuals interested in becoming an emergency medical technician (EMT) or paramedic. To be eligible, students must be accepted into or are planning to attend an EMT training course certified by the State of Montana. The application deadline is October 18, 2019.
Gary Haigh Scholarship
Thee Gary Haigh EMS Scholarship fund was created by Gary's family to carry forward Gary's commitment to rural health care. The purpose of the Gary Haigh EMS Scholarship is to help an organization maintain or upgrade to a higher EMS System provider level, and/or to help provide EMS continuing education for pre-hospital and/or emergency department personnel. The application deadline is October 18, 2019.
Work Commitment Scholarships
Billings Clinic’s work commitment scholarships are only open to students who are within one to two years of their degree completion and currently enrolled in an accredited technical school, college or university.
Work commitment scholarships are available only in the following health care fields: LPN, BSN RN, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Respiratory Therapy, Pharmacy Technician, Rehabilitation (Occupational/Physical/Speech Therapy), Laboratory (Medical Technologist/Histology/Cytology), Ultrasound/Sonography, and Surgical Technician.
Eligibility Requirements for Work Commitment Scholarships
- Student must be within two years of degree completion.
- Residents of all states are invited to apply, and geographic location of school is not a consideration.
- Students receiving a work commitment scholarship may apply for an additional year of funding.
- In consideration for receiving a Work Commitment Scholarship, the recipient agrees to 12 months of employment at Billings Clinic upon graduation for each year of scholarship received.
- Awards will be based on the student's academic success and dedication to career pursuits. Top candidates may be interviewed by members of the Scholarship Committee.
- Additional considerations for receiving a Work Commitment Scholarship may be found on the scholarship application.
- Awards will be granted up to $3,000 per year
For more information about Work Commitment Scholarships contact Billings Clinic Human Resources at 406-238-2595