American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course is for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
Download ACLS Renewal Pre-course Welcome Letter and Agenda.
Emphasizes the importance of basic life support CPR to patient survival, the integration of effective basic life support with advanced cardiovascular life support interventions, and the importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation
- Simulated clinical scenarios encourage active, hands-on participation through learning stations where students will practice essential skills individually, as part of a team, and as team leader.
- Realistic simulations reinforce the following key concepts:
- Proficiency in basic life support care
- Recognizing and initiating early management of periarrest conditions
- Managing cardiac arrest
- Identifying and treating ischemic chest pain and acute coronary syndromes
- Recognizing other life-threatening clinical situations (such as stroke)and providing initial care
- ACLS algorithms
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics