The goal of the ACLS Experienced Provider Course is to improve outcomes in complex cardiovascular, respiratory and other (eg, metabolic, toxicologic) emergencies by expanding on core ACLS guidelines and encouraging critical thinking and decision-making strategies. Through instruction and active participation in case-based scenarios, learners enhance their skills in the differential diagnosis and treatment of prearrest, arrest and postarrest patients.
ACLS EP is for seasoned healthcare providers who are proficient in performing BLS and ACLS skills, reading and interpreting ECGs, and understanding ACLS pharmacology and who regularly lead or participate in emergency assessment and treatment of prearrest, arrest or postarrest patients. This audience includes physicians, paramedics and emergency department or critical care nurses.
- AHA’s most advanced resuscitation course
- Expands on core ACLS guidelines and encourages critical thinking and decision-making strategies
- Features interactive, realistic, case-based scenarios to present material specific to experienced providers who routinely perform resuscitation
- Includes four learning stations:
- Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Respiratory and Metabolic
- Post—Cardiac Arrest Care