The Billings Clinic Caregiver Support Group is a support group designed especially for those who are responsible for the decision making and care of a spouse or family member with dementia or Alzheimer’s. We understand that being a caregiver is hard work. The Caregiver Support Group is committed to maintaining your wellbeing while providing quality care to a family member. The group provides an opportunity to learn new methods and skills for caring for a family member with dementia or Alzheimer's.
The group also gives you support when you’re feeling alone and need to talk to others who understand what you’re going through. Knowing that caring for yourself is as important as caring for others – Billings Clinic created this support group especially for caregivers. In our hour together each month we strive to:
- Share ideas & information with other caregivers
- Help you gain perspective about your situation
- Share available community resources
- Develop support systems within the community
- Share ways to cope with stress & demands on your emotional, physical & energy resources
- Learn new & practical care giving skills
- Learn how to become an effective member of your family member’s health care team!
Generally meets the 4th Monday of each month. Please call ahead to confirm date and location.
Noon - 1:00 pm
All Caregivers are welcome & encouraged to attend – No need for reservation.
If you have questions, please call Jennifer at 406-238-2986.
Feel free to bring a beverage and/or lunch. There is a café on first floor of the Clinic.
If you would like your name added to the Billings Clinic Caregiver Support Group mailing list, please leave your request at 406-238-2986.