American Heart Association Online Courses
Depending on course content, eLearning courses are delivered in one, two or three parts. Courses that only involve cognitive learning can be completed online in one part. For courses that contain psychomotor skills such as CPR, students must complete an in-person "skills session" in addition to online learning. A skills session is comprised of Part 2, skills practice, and Part 3, skills testing.
This three-part delivery effectively blends cognitive learning with skills training. Students are not able to experience the delivery of physical skills from a PC, so eLearning is only as effective as the skills training provided.
For successful course completion, AHA requires that eLearning courses with psychomotor skills include:
- Part 1: online cognitive lessons—anytime and anywhere with computer access
- Part 2: hands-on skills practice
- Part 3: hands-on skills testing
No matter the format, all online courses begin with a key. A key is a 12-digit or 9-digit alphanumeric code that is used to access purchased courses. A key may be purchased directly by individuals, or Billings Clinic Training Center and employers may purchase and distribute keys to the students who will complete training. You can purchase keys from the American Heart Association website (http://onlineaha.org/courses) or purchase from Billings Clinic Training Center by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (406)657-4228.
Using a Key for Course Access
- Register for the OnlineAHA website registration.
- Once registered, students go to their personalized “My Courses” page.
- On the My Courses page students can:
- purchase a course key
- activate a key
- start a course
- browse course catalog and demos
- apply for applicable continuing education (CE) credit
- print course Certificates of Completion
Once online course is completed you can schedule your skills testing by emailing or calling the Billings Clinic Training Center.
Note: To view a demo any of these courses you can follow this link (http://onlineaha.org/) and then go to “Browse Course Demos” in the bottom right corner of the page.