Patients undergoing an elective procedure will need to have a COVID-19 test done 4-6 business days before their procedure. For your convenience, we opened a curbside COVID-19 Pre-Procedural Testing Center where you can have the test performed from your car The Center is located at N. Broadway and 8th Ave. N outside near SameDay Car. Your care team will schedule a time for you to have your test done at the Center. Testing samples are sent to Mayo Clinic for analysis and take about four to six business days for results. Patients will need to self-quarantine for the period of time between the test sample being collected and the date of their procedure. Thank you for taking this important step to protect yourself, our care team, and other patients.
This Center is specifically for patients scheduled for a procedure who do not have symptoms of COVID-19. Symptomatic patients can call Healthline at (406) 255-8400 or 1-800-252-1246.
All procedures done at the Billings Clinic Surgery Center will be outpatient - where patients go home the same day they have surgery, allowing them to recover in the comfort of their home.
Physicians from several specialty areas will perform outpatient surgical procedures in the Surgery Center, including:
- ear, nose and throat
- facial plastics
- general surgery
- orthopedics and sports medicine
- pediatrics podiatry
- reproductive medicine and fertility care
The Surgery Center was designed with quality care, safety and the patient experience at its core. Separate entrances for patient arrival and exit help provide smooth transition through each stage of a patient’s care, including the admission, pre-op, operating, recovery and departure processes.
Features of the Surgery Center
- Convenient parking and drop off in front of the building.
- Waiting area with wireless Internet access, a dedicated space for children’s activities, a television viewing area, and a place for sitting and reading.
- Natural light-filled space, soothing color palette and fireplace help provide a calming, healing environment.
- Integration with Billings Clinic’s electronic medical record and digital imaging system.
- Six operating rooms, plus two shelled in for future expansion
- Medical equipment is organized on an overhead boom system, giving care providers 360-degree access to the patient.
- Dedicated room for pain management treatment.
- 14 pre-operation areas with walls for privacy.
- 10 patient recovery areas for immediate post-operative care, with 14 additional areas for the remainder of the recovery stay.
- On-site radiology