All procedures done at the Billings Clinic Surgery Center will be outpatient - where patients go home the same day they have surgery, allowing them to recover in the comfort of their home.
Physicians from several specialty areas will perform outpatient surgical procedures in the Surgery Center, including:
- ear, nose and throat
- facial plastics
- general surgery
- orthopedics and sports medicine
- pediatrics podiatry
- reproductive medicine and fertility care
The Surgery Center was designed with quality care, safety and the patient experience at its core. Separate entrances for patient arrival and exit help provide smooth transition through each stage of a patient’s care, including the admission, pre-op, operating, recovery and departure processes.
Features of the Surgery Center
- Convenient parking and drop off in front of the building.
- Waiting area with wireless Internet access, a dedicated space for children’s activities, a television viewing area, and a place for sitting and reading.
- Natural light-filled space, soothing color palette and fireplace help provide a calming, healing environment.
- Integration with Billings Clinic’s electronic medical record and digital imaging system.
- Six operating rooms, plus two shelled in for future expansion
- Medical equipment is organized on an overhead boom system, giving care providers 360-degree access to the patient.
- Dedicated room for pain management treatment.
- 14 pre-operation areas with walls for privacy.
- 10 patient recovery areas for immediate post-operative care, with 14 additional areas for the remainder of the recovery stay.
- On-site radiology