Direct Access Testing (DAT) is a service offered by Billings Clinic Broadwater. DAT allows you to order your own lab tests without a doctor’s order. It’s convenient, affordable and fits into busy lifestyles and schedules.
This may be of particular interest to those patients whose health insurance plans do not cover certain wellness, screening, or health maintenance tests. Medicare patients may find this service beneficial, since many annual screening tests are not covered or may not be paid because of frequency limits. This lab service also allows you to order tests based on your health concerns.
DAT lets you actively monitor your own health. The pluses to DAT include:
No appointment necessary.
- Just walk into the Billings Clinic Broadwater lab the FIRST WEDNESDAY of every month between 6:00 am and 5:00 pm
- Order the tests and we will send the results directly to you
- You may order these tests without a Physician Order
- Payment by cash, check or credit card is required at the time of service (your insurance company will NOT be billed)
- Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
You are encouraged to share your results with your health care provider and are responsible for contacting a physician if you have questions, receive abnormal results or feel unwell.
For most tests, you will not need special preparations. A 12 hour fast is recommended for the lipid, chemistry screen and diabetes check.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) $25
- Blood Type & RH $25
- Lipid Panel $30
- Chemistry Panel $35
- TSH $40
- Thyroid Panel (TSH+Free T4) $50
- PSA $35
- Diabetes Screening $15
- Hemoglobin A1C $25
- Urinalysis $12
- Microalbumin/Creatinine Ratio $25
- Vitamin D $60
- Varicella Titer Test $45
- Pregnancy Test Serum $20
- Pregnancy Test Urine $15
- Venipuncture Fee* $5
*Per lab visit for any lab request involving needle/blood draw. For test descriptions and more in-depth information please visit the BHC lab.