Applying for the Nurse Residency Program
Applications are accepted on a year round basis. Billings Clinic offers spring, summer, and fall cohort start dates. Nurse Residency cohort spots fill first with applicants adhering to application deadline. Applications submitted after the application deadline will be reviewed, however due to limited Nurse Residency cohort spots, applicants will be considered for the next cohort start date. (Example: If you are a May 2020 graduate, submit an application in March 2020, and the Summer 2020 nurse residency cohort is full, you will be considered for the Fall 2020 nurse residency cohort.) View new graduate residency opportunities here.
New graduate nurses with less than 12 months of experience will participate in the nurse residency program. Candidates who apply after closing dates will still be considered.
If you possess a nursing license, and have less than 12 months of experience, we accept applications year-round. Please review the How to Apply Section below.
If you have not graduated from nursing school, please review the appropriate deadlines below.
May 2022 Graduate Application Period:
- Opens January 1, 2022
- Closes February 5, 2022
- Specialty Units, starting February 2022
- MED/SURG, starting late February 2022
August 2022 Graduate Application Period:
- Opens March 15, 2022
- Closes May 20, 2022
- Specialty Units, starting May 2022
- MED/SURG, starting May 2022
December 2022 Graduate Application Period:
- Opens June 25 1, 2022
- Closes October 1, 2022
- Specialty Units, starting October 2022
- MED/SURG, starting October 2022
How to Apply
1. Job posting
Search Billings Clinic job postings to find the New Grad RN positions. There are two types of roles to consider: Specialty Unit and Medical Surgical/Cardiovascular Unit job postings. You may apply to more than one position.
- NEW GRAD RN Intensive Care Unit (ICU) job posting
- NEW GRAD RN Emergency Department (ED) job posting
- NEW GRAD RN Psychiatric job posting
- NEW GRAD RN Surgical Services (OR) job posting
- NEW GRAD RN Labor Delivery Recovery Postpartum (LDRP) job posting
- NEW GRAD RN Inpatient Pediatric Unit (IPU) job posting
- NEW GRAD RN Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) job posting
- NEW GRAD RN Cardiovascular Unit (CVU) job posting
MEDICAL SURGICAL AND CARDIOVASCULAR UNITS
- NEW GRAD RN Medical Surgical and Cardiovascular Unit job posting
Applying for the Medical Surgical/Cardiovascular Unit job posting allows you to be considered by the following five units:
- Inpatient Medical (IPM)
- Inpatient Surgical (IPS)
- Inpatient Cancer Center (ICC)
- Orthopedic Neurovascular Unit (ONU)
Select the application link and follow the instructions.
- Be prepared to answer the following questions within the application.
- What interests you about joining (or continuing to work on) our team at Billings Clinic and what expectations and/or reservations do you have being part of the Nurse Residency Program?
- Leadership is very important at Billings Clinic; Please provide examples of how you have demonstrated leadership.
- What quality or skill do you feel separates you from other applicants?
- What are your 2-5 year goals in nursing?
- What department or nursing unit interests you the most and why?
- If you are not selected for employment on your preferred unit or department, what other two departments or units interest you?
- Is there one department or nursing unit you would like to avoid? Why?
- Attach resume to application.
- Submit application by appropriate deadline.
3. Interview Process
- The Specialty Units: You will be contacted for an interview if the unit is interested in your background and skills. Each unit conducts their own interviews.
- The Medical Surgical/Cardiovascular Units: You will interview with a panel of Medical Surgical/Cardiovascular leaders and be considered for 5 units: Inpatient Medical (IPM) Inpatient Surgical (IPS), Inpatient Cancer Center (ICC) & Orthopedic Neurovascular Unit (ONU). These panel interviews are conducted several times each year.