Applying for the Nurse Residency Program
Applications are accepted on a year round basis. There are spring, summer, and fall cohort start dates. Nurse Residency cohort spots fill first with applicants adhering to application deadline. Applications submitted after the application deadline will be reviewed, however due to limited Nurse Residency cohort spots, applicants will be considered for the next cohort start date. (Example: If you are a May 2019 graduate, submit an application in March 2019, and the Summer 2019 nurse residency cohort is full, you will be considered for the Fall 2019 nurse residency cohort.) View new graduate residency opportunities here.
May Graduates: To be considered for Summer (July/August) 2019 Nurse Residency Cohort: Application Deadline is February 1, 2019 at 5:00pm
August Graduates: To be considered for Fall (October/November) 2019 Nurse Residency Cohort: Application Deadline is May 24, 2019 at 5:00pm
December Graduates: To be considered for Spring (March/April) 2020 Nurse Residency Cohort: Application Deadline is September 27, 2019 at 5:00pm
How to Apply
**Please read carefully as incomplete applications will NOT be considered**
Complete application will include the following:
- Complete the online application and submit prior to the due date
- Upload a resume which is to include your GPA and two (2) letters of reference/recommendation. These should be uploaded as 1 document.
- Upload a letter of interest which should include a short 2-3 sentence paragraph introducing you to our managers and then addresses the following items:
- What interests you about joining (or continuing to work on) our team at Billings Clinic and what expectations and/or reservations do you have being part of the Nurse Residency Program?
- Leadership is very important at Billings Clinic; Please provide examples of how you have demonstrated leadership.
- What quality or skill do you feel separates you from other applicants?
- What are your 2-5 year goals in nursing?
- What are your top five (5) choices of departments you would like to join? (ICU, ER, Inpatient Psych, Inpatient Surgical, Inpatient Cancer Care, etc.)
- Is there a department or nursing unit you would like to avoid? Why?