If you are a patient, or if you are a family member or friend of a patient, you may be going through a difficult time right now. Chaplains in our Pastoral Care Department are here to be as helpful and supportive as possible to you. No matter what your faith, you are welcome to call on them.
What to Expect
Billings Clinic Chaplains are members of the Billings Clinic health care team. Each chaplain has his or her own style in bringing comfort and care to patients, family members, and friends. All Billings Clinic chaplains are trained to offer respect for your spirituality and religious tradition.
Many patients at Billings Clinic come from out-of-town, and frequent visits from their hometown clergy are not always possible. Billings Clinic chaplains certainly can’t take that person’s place, but they can provide spiritual support and a listening ear while you are here in Billings.
How to Contact a Chaplain
Billings Clinic chaplains are always available. If you would like to contact a chaplain, please call 406-238-2500 or 1-800-332-7156 and request to have a chaplain paged. They are available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Chaplains seek to contribute to your healing in many ways. The care of a chaplain may involve:
- Spiritual and emotional care to help you and your family cope with illness
- Support through trauma or emergencies
- Sharing prayer, scripture, and sacraments
- Visitation before surgery for spiritual and emotional support
- Help in grief and loss, including a grief support group
- Assistance in connecting you with spiritual care resources that are important to you
- Sharing joy over good news
- Compassionate caring and listening
- Devotional services in the hospital chapel and the psychiatric center
Deaconess Chapel is located in the first floor atrium of the hospital across from the pharmacy.
Always open, the chapel is:
- a place where people of all faiths can pray and meditate
- a sanctuary to refresh the heart and mind
- a gathering place for worship
- a source of sacred scripture as well as helpful information on a variety of concerns