Billings Clinic has additional visitor restrictions in place due to COVID-19.
Billings Clinic has additional visitor restrictions in place due to COVID-19. In general, visits are limited to two healthy adult visitors (18 and older) for non-Covid patients, per day to keep our patients safe. Some areas of our hospital may also have additional visitor restrictions in place in order to keep patients and guests safe. The CDC recommends that masks be worn in health care settings, even for fully vaccinated people. Learn more about why we mask.
Please click here for our most current guidelines.
To provide an environment of effective care and proper rest for patients, Billings Clinic observes hospital visiting hours. Visitation is overseen by the nursing staff to support a safe and quiet healing environment.
Hospital visiting hours are generally from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Please be prepared to leave the patient's room when visiting hours are over, when treatment is administered or at the request of the physician or nurse.
- To find out how your family member is doing after 8 p.m., you may call the nursing unit to speak with the nurse caring for the patient. You may also request to be notified if the patient's condition changes.
We encourage you to visit and support your family member or friend. Arrangements may be made for extended visits if appropriate.
- To visit after-hours, a visitation exception must be approved in advance from the patient's nurse or the charge nurse.
- The nursing staff will provide a visitor badge, which should be worn at eye level.
- Approved visitors arriving at the hospital between 8 pm and 8 am, must enter through the north entrance by the Emergency Department or the Family Birth Center entrance at the northeast corner of the hospital and sign the visitor log in the security office or at the Family Birth Center entrance.
Dialysis, Family Birth Center, ICU and Psychiatric Services have specific visitation times and policies:
- Dialysis: 8:30 - 10 a.m. & 1 - 2 p.m. & 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Family Birth Center: The Family Birth Center has unique visiting hours. Patients receive information about the visiting policy upon admission.
- Intensive Care Unit: Open visitation except during shift changes which occur daily from 7:00 am - 9:00 am and 7:00 - 9:00 pm.
- Psychiatric Services:
Youth: Weekdays 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. & 6:15 - 7:15 p.m.; Weekends 1 - 2:30 p.m.; Holidays 1 - 2:30 p.m.
Adult: Weekdays 1:15 - 2:15 p.m. & 7:15 - 8:15 p.m.; Weekends 2:30 - 4 p.m.; Holidays 2:30 - 4 p.m.
When You Visit Billings Clinic
Visitation guidelines for patients apply to families (including significant others, patient representatives and domestic partners, same sex couples, same sex parents), visitors and staff to ensure a safe, quiet and healing environment while patients rest and recuperate during their hospital stay.
To support our effort to create a safe, healing environment for patients, please follow these guidelines while visiting patients at Billings Clinic:
- Visitors should be free of colds and flu including symptoms of fever, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, runny nose, cold, skin rash or any infection or contagious condition such as eye infections or outbreaks of communicable diseases such as chickenpox or respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).
- For safety and infection control measures, children under the age of 12 are discouraged from visiting.
- Children over the age of 12 are permitted when under constant supervision of a parent or guardian.
- We encourage no more than two visitors at any one time per patient due to the physical space and need for the staff to provide necessary care.
- Please do not use your cell phone in patient rooms. Some patient care areas may prohibit cell phone and/or two-way radio use entirely due to medical equipment interference. Guests are encouraged to use cell phones only in waiting areas, the Atrium and cafeteria.
- Except for patient meals and those using the voucher system to dine in the room, food and drinks in patient rooms and waiting areas are discouraged and may be prohibited. The cafeteria is available for meals and breaks.
Billings Clinic is committed to delivering outstanding service to our patients, families and visitors.