Gamma Knife for Canadian Patients
Billings Clinic is excited to offer our Canadian neighbors Gamma Knife Radiosurgery at Billings Clinic Cancer Center. This program offers treatment using the Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion, considered ‘The Gold Standard in Radiosurgery.’
Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Treatment for the following conditions:
- Single and multiple brain metastases
- Glioblastoma (GBM)
- Essential tremor
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Acoustic neuroma
- Arteriovenous malformation(AVM)
This program is intended to offer access to radiosurgery where time to treatment is of the essence.
The Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Team
Our dedicated team consists of radiation oncologists, neurosurgeons, physicists and a nurse navigator. We will facilitate evaluation and treatment in a safe and coordinated manner – consistent with a world-class service experience. In the event you have a condition that requires urgent or pressing access, our program will make the process seamless.
Advantages of Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Noninvasive treatment of both benign and malignant intracranial tumors and vascular malformations in the brain.
- Multiple metastases can be treated in a single session.
- Treatment of neurological disorders such as refractory tremors.
- Comfortable, outpatient procedure in a single session (1-4 hours) with rapid return to normal activity.
- Expanded ability to treat areas that are inoperable.
- Stereotactic head frame ensures pinpoint accuracy.
Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Team
Our experienced team will review your medical history and imaging. When verified as an appropriate candidate, we will coordinate a consultation visit with our team. This includes chauffeured service to and from the Logan International Airport in Billings, accommodations at a 4-star hotel including onsite meal service, and all necessary appointments. As a patient, you will have access to state-of-the art radiosurgical therapy within 1-2 days and return home with a comprehensive care summary and follow up instructions.