Pediatric cancers are different than adult cancers. Our pediatric cancer and blood disorder team are experts and understand these differences. In addition to our clinical expertise, our team understands the unique needs of children and families going through treatment. Every step of this journey is made with your child’s comfort, future, and quality of life, in mind.
Why choose Billings Clinic for your child’s pediatric cancer care?
- We practice medicine using a collaborative care model
- Our team works with you to customize your child’s treatment plan using the newest research, resources and clinical trials, backed by science
- We are affiliated with Children’s Hospital Colorado and work closely with their specialty cancer and blood disorder team
- The billings clinic cancer center is accredited by the Commission on Cancer
- Billings Clinic has the most comprehensive group of pediatric sub-specialists in the area, which allows our teams to collaborate closely across specialties to provide the best care for your child.
Pediatric Cancer Team
Our pediatric cancer and blood disorder team is led by a fellowship-trained pediatric oncologist. Our team believes communication and collaboration are essential to providing high-quality care for your kiddo.
Additional members of our collaborative care team include
- Specialty-certified cancer and blood disorder nurses
- Cancer-specific social workers who guide you through resources
- Pediatric rehab specialists
Cancers and Conditions Treated
Our team provides care for the following pediatric conditions and more
- Bleeding and clotting disorders
- Brain tumors
- Platelet disorders
- Solid tumors
Our care team is always here for you and available to answer additional questions you have.
Appointments are available
Please call 406-238-2500 or 1-800-332-7156 to schedule an appointment with our pediatric cancer and blood disorder team.
Pediatric Cancer Resources
Beads of Courage
Beads of Courage is a research based and supported professional program in response to the need for more supportive care programs for children experiencing cancer and related treatments. The program is designed to honor the journey children take when they are diagnosed with cancer. Through the program children tell their story using colorful beads as meaningful symbols of courage that commemorate milestones they have achieved along their unique treatment path.
By receiving a different colored bead for every procedure the Beads of Courage program honors the child's journey by acknowledging their feelings, fostering courage and by developing a connection with the providers. The Beads of Courage program aids in reducing distress during the treatment process.
Sarah Blackburn, MS, Pediatric Social Worker for Billings Clinic obtained training for administering Beads of Courage in March of 2006 and has since enrolled 20 pediatric cancer patients in the program. The program is available in 11 oncology programs nation wide and continues to expand.
These links will help you in finding more information to enhance your understanding of your child's diagnosis and resources to aid you throughout treatment and beyond. These sites contain up-to-date, accurate information and will link you to other reputable resources as well.
The Kelker's Kids fund at Billings Clinic Foundation also supports children with cancer by helping with non-medical needs, such as travel costs.
Learn More About Kelker's Kids