Need Help Finding a Primary Care Physician?
Your primary care physician will determine if you need to see a diabetes specialist.
Looking for a primary care physician?
Call our HealthLine nurses:
Technology Changes Lives for Diabetic Patients
The Diabetes Management Center provides comprehensive, team-based, diabetes care.
- Comprehensive diabetes self-management education and support
- Assistance with appropriate behavior modification strategies
- Individualized diabetic treatment plans
- Coordinated follow up with your primary care physician
- Referral to additional specialists if indicated
- Access to the latest diabetes medical research
Type 1 diabetics don’t get a day off from their disease. It’s a constant juggling act between insulin pumps and blood sugar checks. New technology is starting to do some of the work for patients, improving quality of life and cutting down on the highs and lows. Gabe Blomquist, PA with Billings Clinic Diabetes Center shows us what this new tech is all about.
The Diabetes Management Center Team
Effective treatment plans for diabetes require a comprehensive team of professionals working and communicating effectively for the benefit of the individual. Members of the diabetes team include:
- The patient
- Specialized physicians (Endocrinologists or Diabetologists)
- The patient's primary care physician
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Specially trained and certified diabetes educators (registered nurses and registered dietitians)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN's) and Certified Medical Assistants
- Diabetes Life Coach/Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Diabetes-trained support staff
Ophthalmologists and podiatrists play a vital role in diabetes patient care. Referrals can be made to those specialties as needed.
Diabetes Education Program
Billings Clinic Diabetes Center offers diabetes education programs in Billings at:
- Adult Endocrinology
- Billings Clinic Pregnancy Diabetes Clinic (Maternal Fetal Medicine)
- Billings Clinic Pediatrics (downtown)
Also Beartooth Billings Clinic, Billings Clinic Cody, Billings Clinic Miles City and Bozeman OB/GYN have been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education.