Fixed Wing Aircraft & Equipment
Fixed Wing Aircraft
Billings Clinic MedFlight in partnership with Edwards Jet Center of Billings Montana, work to operate its fleet of aircraft from Logan Airport. These aircraft are available locally and regionally for air ambulance transport. Edwards Jet Center maintains a long tradition of excellence in air transportation and is dedicated to safe, reliable air transport.
Under FAA part 135 regulations MedFlight operates in the safest environment during all periods of the flight transport.
The Beechcraft King Air 200 with its turbo prop engines is the finest aircraft in air medical transport. With its roomy interiors, pressurized cabin, and advanced avionics Beechcraft provides superior high speed all weather transport. With an ability to cruise at high altitude, 31, 000 feet or above, most turbulence is avoided providing that extra measure of safety and comfort. Powered by two Pratt and Whitney turbo prop engines, 850 HP is delivered. Its cruising speed of 270 knots make short work of the long distances in the Rockies. With two pilots for all medical missions, that added level of safety is reinforced.
MedFlight's commitment to technology is reflective in many state of the art pieces of gear that are brought to the patients bedside. Continuously screened for effectiveness and appropriateness for air medical service numerous additions can be made to best serve the patient.
- The Zoll X cardiac monitor is a state of the art EKG monitor with several additional capabilities deemed necessary by our flight personnel. With EKG monitoring, defibrilation, portable pacing, capnography and invasive pressure line. Zoll X is the ideal flight monitor.
- Real CPR Help® technology nearly triples the odds of your patients surviving cardiac arrest1
- Open 12-lead capabilities reduces time-to-balloon by interfacing with all leading ECG management and STEMI systems
- Cutting-edge open communication, including integrated WiFi, simplifies transmission and charting
- Remote view functionality allows our team to see real-time data from the X Series screen via a cellular or WiFi connection
- To manage airway complexities and ventilation needs, the Hamilton-T1 portable ventilator is a proven success story for MedFlight with its state-of-the-art ventilation modes, portable battery and charging system it is capable of ventilation from pediatric to adults in all its many styles. This ventilator rivals most hospital ventilators and with its compact size make it ideal for airplane service.
- Our equipment further expands to include 3 channel IV pumps capable of administering the most incremental dose of critical medication. With onboard calculation systems all medications are delivered with the utmost safety. In certain cases when required we can also transport patients while receiving portable trans venous pacing with our portable pacemaker. In this way we can bridge patients to a permanent pacemaker.
- With recent advancements air medical providers have recognized the benefit of warmed fluid and blood products. The Belmont Buddy Lite, a portable fluid and blood warmer can deliver warmed fluids throughout the flight. Approved for ground and helicopter transport, Buddy Lite is used globally in war zones, hospitals, ambulances, air medical helicopters, ski patrols—anywhere warm blood or fluid is needed to help in life-saving efforts. This compact, lightweight, battery-powered IV fluid warmer can warm up to 4.4 liters of fluid on a single charge. When time is critical MedFlight can bring the lab to the patient.
- With transport occurring night and day in all types of weather, the LifeBlanket patient packaging system ensures patient warmth and comfort in all types of weather. The LifeBlanket has an outer goretex shell and comfortable inner liner.
- The Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump has been a fixture in cardiovascular medicine for years. MedFlight is the only regional air ambulance that can transport patients who are receiving this therapy requiring the attention of two nurses these patients receive intensive care.
- The McGrath MAC EMS video laryngoscope is compact and cable-free. Built for emergency medical services, the McGRATH MAC EMS video laryngoscope offers EMS providers safe and proven visualization and airway management.
All MedFlight staff are fully trained in the administration of enumerable medications to enhance patient care and treatment. These medications administered by protocol are always under the direction of medical control physicians.