Rotor Wing (helicopter) Aircraft & Equipment serving our region and based in Bozeman, MT
As the newest part of the Billings Clinic MedFlight program, the air ambulance will have the ability to cover a roughly 150-mile radius around the Bozeman area without a refueling stop and will be able to reach major medical facilities and critical access hospitals throughout southern and central Montana.
Billings Clinic MedFlight, in partnership with Metro Aviation, will work to operate the rotor wing aircraft from the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport. Construction of the new hangar is under way. This aircraft is available locally and regionally for air ambulance transport.
The new EC145e rotor wing aircraft will be ready to serve our region in July 2021.
- The EC145e has a maximum takeoff weight of 7,903 lbs, the same as the EC145C2 variant, but the useful load is increased by as much as 330 lbs (VFR) and as much as 270 lbs (IFR). This allows to carry additional equipment if needed and an additional person.
- Glass cockpit allowing for better visibility for pilots.
- Digital displays for single and dual pilots. Single and dual pilot IFR configurations include four Genesys IDU-450 displays that can be configured as a Primary Flight Display (PFD) or a Multi-Function Display (MFD).
- Spacious interior with a large, unobstructed flat floor cabin providing excellent cockpit visibility for pilots and crew as well as unrivaled loading capability from the rear and side (patient loads from rear, while crew can use side sliding doors).
- The EC145e is produced in Columbus, Mississippi.
- All pilots attend annual simulator training in Level D Full Motion Simulators.
- Pilots undergo a rigorous onboarding and hiring process.
Part 135 aviation services are provided by Metro Aviation, Inc.
For information on compliance with 49 U.S.C. Section 43202 please visit DOT Aviation Consumer Protection Division.