Fracture Care and Surgery
Patients undergoing an elective procedure will need to have a COVID-19 test done 4-6 business days before their procedure. For your convenience, we opened a curbside COVID-19 Pre-Procedural Testing Center where you can have the test performed from your car The Center is located at N. Broadway and 8th Ave. N outside near SameDay Care. Your care team will schedule a time for you to have your test done at the Center. Testing samples are sent to Mayo Clinic for analysis and take about four to six business days for results. Patients will need to self-quarantine for the period of time between the test sample being collected and the date of their procedure. Thank you for taking this important step to protect yourself, our care team, and other patients.
This Center is specifically for patients scheduled for a procedure who do not have symptoms of COVID-19. Symptomatic patients can call Healthline at (406) 255-8400 or 1-800-252-1246.
The fracture care team at Billings Clinic Orthopedics & Sports Medicine offers comprehensive and convenient care, with a dedicated expert in fracture surgery.
Fractures, from overuse stress fractures to traumatic compound fractures, affect mobility and function. At Billings Clinic Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, we have dedicated experts in fracture surgery, Dr. Robert Schultz and Dr. Bryon Hobby, who specialize in fracture treatment and specific injuries such as those involving the hand and spine.
With onsite radiology, casting experts, and both physical and occupational therapy included in our convenient and comprehensive orthopedic and sports medicine facility, we provide convenient continuity of care from the onset of injury to full recovery.
Our services include:
- Operative and non-operative treatment of simple fractures of spine, pelvis and extremities
- Operative treatment of complex fractures involving joint surfaces, complex pelvic fractures and spine fractures
- Treatment of fractures related to osteoporosis - get information about our Endocrinology department.
- Treatment of fractures that fail to heal
- Treatment of musculoskeletal infections related to compound fractures
- Treatment of bone and joint deformity following fracture healing
- Treatment of post-traumatic arthritis
We care for many athletes with foot and ankle problems. We offer a full spectrum of casting and bracing options and work closely with local prosthetic and orthotic experts for custom-molded inserts or braces. We also have fully trained physical therapists on staff that can mold orthotics.