The hand surgery and therapy team at Billings Clinic Orthopedics & Sports Medicine is dedicated to providing excellent orthopedic care for patients throughout Montana, Wyoming, and the Western Dakotas.
Disorders of the hand and wrist can range from fractures and dislocations to tendon disruptions, ligament tears, nerve compression, arthritis, joint stiffness and lacerations. Because the anatomy of the hand and wrist is extremely intricate, treatment of these injuries has become highly subspecialized.
Billings Clinic Orthopedics has a team of compassionate experts who work primarily with hand and wrist issues. This includes Dr. Barry Smith and Dr. Nicholas Beck, both fellowship-trained hand surgery specialist and Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery, as well as an onsite certified hand occupational therapist. If you experience pain and loss of function from a hand or wrist injury, put our specialists to work for you.
Our services include:
- Treatment of simple and complex fractures
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Operative and non-operative treatment of hand and wrist fractures
- Advanced reconstructive technique for wrist and hand arthritis
- Custom hand and wrist bracing through occupational therapy
- Joint replacement for shoulder, elbow, wrist, and finger arthritis
- Thumb CMC arthroplasty
- Finger MCP and PIP joint arthroplasty
We care for many athletes with foot and ankle problems. We offer a full spectrum of casting and bracing options and work closely with local prosthetic and orthotic experts for custom-molded inserts or braces. We also have fully trained physical therapists on staff that can mold orthotics.