Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Why choose Billings Clinic Pediatric Gastroenterology?
Dr. Lourdes Herrera
Need an appointment?
Please call 406-238-5770 or 1-800-332-7156 to schedule an appointment with our pediatric gastroenterology team.
Gastrointestinal conditions can be complex to diagnose and stressful for families who are waiting for answers. Our team is specifically trained to treat kids. We practice with compassion and provide support to caregivers, families and kiddos every step of the way from diagnoses to treatment and progress.
- Your child will receive high-quality, safe, and effective care.
- Our team works with you to provide complete, evidence-based, family-centered care customized to your child’s needs.
- Billings Clinic has the most comprehensive group of pediatric sub-specialists in the area, which allows our teams to collaborate closely across specialties to provide the best care for your child.
Pediatric Gastroenterology Team
Our pediatric gastroenterology team is led by board certified pediatric gastroenterologist, Maria Lourdes Herrera, MD. Our team practices a collaborative approach to medicine which means we work together with physicians, nurses and dietitians, to provide the best outcomes for your child.
Conditions We Treat
Our team provides care for the following pediatric gastroenterology and hepatology conditions and more:
- Celiac disease
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Chronic diarrhea
- Esophageal disorders
- Nausea and vomiting
- Nutritional disorders
- Failure to thrive
- Feeding and swallowing problems
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Gastrointestinal infections
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Intestinal motility disorders
- Liver disease
- Pancreatic disease
Services We Offer
- Upper endoscopy
- Pill capsule endoscopy
- Liver biopsy
- Coordination with regional centers for motility, advanced pediatric endoscopy and liver transplant
The GI Kids website is the patient outreach and education effort of the North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPHGAN), an organization of more than 2600 pediatric gastroenterologists. It contains doctor-reviewed parent friendly information sheets on a variety of pediatric gastrointestinal conditions to help families understand their digestive health, work with their providers and live a more independent life.
Functional Abdominal Pain Resources
The Kid Stomach Pain is an educational website for families with children that have functional abdominal pain. It contains resources on options for treatment, living with abdominal pain and working with their medical team.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation is involved in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) research. The parents and caregivers interactive page has videos and resources for mental health, nutrition, complementary medicine and IBD education. The teen page has an online support group, blog and information on college transition.