Billings Clinic Specialty Pharmacy
Billings Clinic Specialty Pharmacy focuses on the pharmacy care of chronic, rare or complex conditions that require specialty medications. Specialty medications typically require special handling, administration or monitoring beyond that which a traditional retail pharmacy can provide. We work to ensure appropriate medication use and promote adherence.
Billings Clinic Specialty Pharmacy is part of the largest health care system in the region. Our staff works with you, your provider and your insurance company to make sure your needs are met. Our goal is to make Billings Clinic a one-stop solution.
The pharmacists at Billings Clinic Specialty Pharmacy are trusted, local health care providers who provide patients with valuable education through regular counseling and Medication Therapy Management (MTM) programs to help simplify care and ensure the best possible outcome for patients.
Why choose Billings Clinic's specialty pharmacy?
We are committed to providing you with personalized care, clinical expertise, and outstanding customer service. Our staff works with you, your health care provider and your insurance company to meet your needs and to enhance your Billings Clinic experience as a one stop solution for all your health care services.
- Pharmacy staff can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We provide you with a direct contact number for specialty pharmacist - 406-657-4545 or 844-285-4545 (toll free).
- Many medications are stocked and available same day at pharmacy.
- You have the option to pick up your prescription or have them mailed at no charge.
- You receive secure delivery option with package tracking for prompt, reliable service at no charge.
- We offer you a personal experience including proactive refill reminders, automatic refills and texting alerts when medications are ready.
- You receive thorough counseling on all medication fills, including refills.
- Injection supplies such as needles, syringes, alcohol swabs, adhesive bandages and containers for needle waste are provided at no charge.
the Billings Clinic Specialty Pharmacy Patient Rights & Responsibilities.
Our commitment to care is reflected in our willingness to go the extra mile on behalf of your patients. We are here to help your patients learn to manage their complex or chronic conditions, and live the best life they can.
- Pharmacy staff complete starter forms and insurance prior authorizations
- Single point of contact for providers and patients, making it easier to stay informed
- Communication and documentation stored in hospital medical record for easy access
- Enhanced coordination of care amongst Billings Clinic providers
- Medication side effect monitoring to communicate any issues patient may experience while taking the prescription
Description of Benefits
Prior Authorization Assistance
We perform insurance prior authorizations and monitor for timely response. With our experience and understanding of this complicated process, we will go above and beyond to partner with insurance companies to provide the highest level of care.
Our team will work to secure financial resources to help patients pay for their medications. We also coordinate with Medication Assistance Program (MAP) and manufacturers to help patients access their medications.
Our clinical pharmacists offer personal education and support to make sure patients receive the most benefit from their therapy. Our access to the patient medical records provides us a detailed full-clinical perspective on each patient. Patients receive follow-up phone calls, drug interactions screenings, injection training, refill reminder phone calls and a dedicated staff always available to answer any questions.
Billings Clinic Specialty Pharmacy is a member of the Excelera Specialty Pharmacy network, a member-owned, national network of health systems and academic medical centers focused on optimizing care for complex patients through specialty pharmacy collaboration.
Formed in 2012, the network includes many of the largest and most advanced integrated delivery networks (IDNs) with specialty pharmacies in the U.S.
The network provides members nationally scaled infrastructure and support, clinical and operational best practices, and leverage to gain access to limited-distribution drugs and restricted payer agreements so members can provide continuity of care for their patients with complex and chronic conditions requiring specialty drugs and biologics. The network also serves as a national platform for collaboration to optimize outpatient specialty drug therapy for population health.
Limited distribution drugs are medications that are distributed to either one or a very limited number of pharmacies. Access to these important treatments enables Billings Clinic Specialty Pharmacy to ensure the highest quality of patient care.
For a current list of Excelera specialty pharmacy network members, or for more information about becoming a member of the Excelera national specialty pharmacy network, visit excelerarx.com.