Radiology Services (Diagnostic Imaging)
Billings Clinics radiologists, technologists, nursing and support staff provide comprehensive radiology procedures including diagnostic radiographs (X-rays), digital mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, CT Scans, diagnostic ultrasonography, diagnostic and therapeutic nuclear medicine, PET/CT, MRI studies, biopsies, angiographic and interventional procedures.
These procedures are performed by or under the supervision of board certified radiologists in a team atmosphere where leading edge technology is the standard. We strive to provide the highest quality, patient safety and service in Montana, Wyoming, Western North and South Dakota.
Board certified radiologists provide the interpretations for the main Billings Clinic downtown campus as well as Billings Clinic branch clinics and contracted regional affiliate sites.
The Radiology Services staff support every medical department at Billings Clinic to provide the following services:
- Routine X-rays. X-rays are taken of:
- Head and neck
- Heart and blood vessels
- Muscles and bones
- Breast biopsies
- Computerized Axial Tomography such as conventional and interventional, 3D imaging, Cardiac CTA
- DEXA Scan provided at Billings Clinic Radiology Services
- Full Field Digital Mammography in Breast imaging Screening, Diagnostic, follow-ups, Magnification, compression, Breast CAD is routinely provided on all screening examinations.
- Interventional Radiology (A subspecialty of radiology that involves the treatment of numerous disease processes with minimally invasive, image-guided techniques.) These include angioplasty, angiography, myelography, arthrography, venography, biopsies, drainages, vascular/vein disease treatment.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), PET/CT, etc.) and therapeutic nuclear including thyroid and bone
- Nuclear Medicine Imaging: Diagnostic (including bone, cardiac SPECT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography),
- Ultrasound – Color Doppler, obstetrics, vascular and interventional
Quality Standards, Board Certification, and Accreditation
Billings Clinic Radiology Services uses the American College of Radiology (ACR) standards redeveloped to address the needs of our neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Our radiologists are board certified and have received advanced training in their area of sub-specialization. The Billings Clinic Radiology Services radiologists and technologists team up to ensure a high level of care while maintaining safe radiation practices.
Our continued compliance with the standards of Joint Commission is another way we show our commitment to quality and patient safety. The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Breast Center are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR).